LOWER PROPERTY TAX
The RCV Challenge:
Request pledge from all candidates: for each percent of the first line vote given to Chris Holbrook, reduce property tax collection by $1M.
WHY ARE PROPERTY TAXES HIGH?
- Mismanagement of priorities.
- Exceeding projected budgets.
- Over-regulation of residents and their businesses.
- Accepting racial disparities.
- Unaffordable housing.
HOW DO WE LOWER PROPERTY TAXES?
- Create an equitable focus on diverse communities.
- Supervise departments and their costs.
- Moratorium on bans (like menthol cigarettes) and mandates (like $15 labor).
- Freeze drug possession arrests.
(prevent disproportionate harassment and imprisonment)
- Limit high density low income construction.
(promote tiny house single family ownership)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DO?
- ALL areas of the city will thrive.
- We will SAVE MILLIONS on project overruns.
- MORE JOBS, start up entries, and MORE TAKE HOME PAY.
- IMPROVED police-community relations.
- INTEGRATION of good jobs, parks, and safe neighborhoods.